Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for April 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I have four graduations this May. The first graduation will be our oldest son graduating from the University of Florida. That time flew by. The other three are nieces and a nephew graduating from high school. I made each of them a card using their high school colors.
The background was created using a congratulations stamp from the SU Bravo stamp set. You must have this stamp set for your craft room. The stamp set is photopolymer making this a cinch to create.
The graduation cap was created using the smallest Square Collection Framelit (1 1/2″ square) and then making each successive square 1/8″ smaller. I punched a hole in the center and used a brad with a black candy dot as the button for the tassel to go around. The tassel is Real Red card stock cut 1/16″ thick and then folded over with Silver Cording wrapped around it.
The inside sentiment for the card is from B.Y.O.B stamp set. The cap is from a retired stamp set called Pomp & Circumstance.
This design is slightly different using all the same elements. I used Night of Navy and Bashful Blue (retired) to mimic the school colors. This is where hoarding old DSP paid off!
This color combination is Tangelo Twist and Black, again school colors. This is for my niece and seemed too masculine with the color combination, so I added a rhinestone to the exclamation point. I still might find a way to “dress it up” before I send it.
April Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Karen Zaring Browning
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Crowley at Expressivley Deb