The retired DSP was crumpled up and distressed. It was layered onto a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and both were adhered to a Soft Suede card base.
I did a 2nd generation stamp of the large leaf in Pumpkin Pie. (This means I stamped the image on another piece of card stock before stamping for my project.) Then I cut out the leaf with the coordinating die.
Next I cut the two smaller leaves with the die that cuts and embosses. For the Very Vanilla cut I used my Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker to ink the die before cutting the leaf.
Before adhering the large maple leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals I ran a strip of snail adhesive and added Copper Metallic Thread. Then I added the other elements with MonoGlue. The Leaves Trinkets and Linen Thread are the finishing touches.
Don’t forget to add a bit of love to the inside of your card as well.
Tequila and duct tape as a title is a bit intriguing isn’t it?
Today’s project was inspired by and created using the sassy stamp set from Picket Fence Studios called Tequila and Duct Tape. Their product designs and sentiments are wonderfully unique, which I love.
The background of frosty “margarita” glasses was created using the Picket Fence Studios Martini Glass Stencil and Stampin’ Up! Shimmery White Embossing Paste.
Then I die cut the “margarita” glass using the Picket Fence Martini Glass Die. I masked the top of the glass and then using Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade ink I sponged in the drink. I then sponged a bit of Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio ink over the Squeezed Lemonade to get the right shade of margarita!
Using my finger I added a bit of the shimmery embossing paste along the edge of the glass to add a salt rim. ♥
The inside of the card has a sentiment from My Favorite Things (MFT) Spirited Sentiments. The sentiments work well with the Martini themed products noted above.
The slice of lime is from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catty, Sip Sip Hooray stamp set. It has coordinating dies for this stamp set too.
I hope the recipient enjoys their margarita birthday card.
I used (retired) halloween DSP and (retired) spider web dollies for my card. The spider and sentiments are from the coordinating stamp set Wonderfully Wicked. You can save 10% when you purchase the Wonderfully Wicked Bunde.
The word die was cut from Rich Razzleberry card stock backed with Stick-it adhesive sheets. I cut the word twice; first with the card stock facing up on the die and the second time with the adhesive sheet side facing up. After taking the adhesive off the word die that was sticky side up I covered it with (retired) Black Stampin’ Glitter. It looks so cool with the subtle purple coming through the black shimmer. The photo does not do it justice. Then I layered the glittery word to the first cut of Rich Razzleberry card stock. Stacking the word dies gives the word more dimension on your card.
The sentiments were stamped after the word was added to the card front. The Stamparatus made placement perfect and allowed me to stamp it twice for crisp lettering on the DSP.
The content in this blog is the sole responsibility of Michelle Gleeson as an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and the use of and content of classes, services or products offered is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!