I created this card for a very special woman, Maurine Weisgal, who turned 90 this week. I worked for her husband when I was in college and we have remained close all these years. She is an amazing role model. She is always positive and upbeat. She is well read, educated and remains current to keep up with her grandkids and great grandkids.
Last night we went to her birthday celebration. It was a lovely evening. The inside sentiment could not be more true for someone like Maurine. She truly sees the best in everyone.
A few tips in creating this card:
- The base is 5 1/2″ square in Crumb Cake
- Mossy Meadow (retired) Layer is 1/8″ smaller
- Whisper White layer is 1/8″ smaller
- The stamped squares are 1″ square. I stamped them after cutting them out.
- The frames are 1 1/4″ square
- Vellum layer was stamped in Stazon – Jet Black and wraps around all the layers.
- The Linen Thread was also wrapped around all the layers and tied before adhering the Mossy Meadow to the card base.
I hope you are as fortune as I am to have someone like Maurine in your life. She has been an amazing role model of how to age with grace, style and a positive attitude regardless of what life sends her way.
A very HAPPY birthday Maurine, you are loved deeply.