I’m back! A quick shout out to Vicki H. who reached out this week saying she missed my posts. It made my day and nudged me to get back to posting on my blog. I have been blogging for several years and this is the first time I have gone longer than a week without a post.
So where have I been? We went to Chicago for Thanksgiving and had a blast. Then we came back to the whirlwind of the holiday season. Sound familiar? In addition, I have been creating projects and blog posts for another a high profile demonstrator since July which takes up time and creative mojo. Talk about pressure! And then of course my professional position, family needs and did I mention our house is for sale? Needless to say my blog has taken a back burner position. I have missed sending positive energy out into the blogosphere.
I hope each of you who follow me have been doing well. Let’s get onto the project.
This is a quick card that I CASE’d from Kimberly VanDiepen one of the Artisan Design Team members. I changed up a few things on the card.
I am always looking for ways to use the washi tape that seems to find its way into my cart. Then like Designer Series Paper, I “save it” rather than use it. Why do we do this?
- The card is a standard 4 1/4″ x 5 1/5″ card base. I cut off 1/2″ along each side of the front of the card. Using my Stampin’ Trimmer I was able to easily slice right up to the fold in my card.
- Add the Moroccan Designer Washi Tape on the inside of the card so the tape shows through with the top of the card closed.
- Stamp the “splash” stamp from Gorgeous Grunge in Delightful Dijon all over the front of the card.
- Add the washi tape to the front of the card.
- The sentiment is from the Balloon Adventures Photopolymer Stamp set. Stamp the sentiment in Emerald Envy ink on Emerald Envy card stock for a subtle message. Crop it with the Tags & Labels Framelits.
- With a few strands of thread from a piece of burlap ribbon tuck it behind the sentiment and pop it up on dimensionals.
Thanks for coming by and I look forward to seeing you more often.