My mistake turned into creativity…this autumn wreath started out with dimension and definition. I stamped this Magnolia Wreath from Concord & 9th in SU Crushed Curry and then added the highlight leaves in Cajun Craze. Then I thought I would add Nuvo Copper Drops as accents. Well I did not like the Copper drops on the card. So I tried to quickly scrape them off but it left a smear of copper. I took a slightly damp baby wipe and dabbed the spot. That lead to the ink bleeding and loss of the definition of the stamped image. UGH!
Then I stepped back and looked at it. I decided to dab other spots with the baby wipe, what could I lose at this point. Eventually I dabbed the entire wreath. Then I felt it looked bland (and I still had some of the copper smear coming through) so using another stamp from the set, I stamped the magnolia leaves in Fresh Fig and them cropped using the coordinating dies. I draped the leaves around the wreath and that pop of color did the trick.
Because I could not help myself I added more of the Nuvo Copper Drops. This time I loved them. I created a double bow using Stampin’ Up! 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon in Fresh Fig and added to the wreath for the finishing touch.
The sentiment was embossed using SU Copper Embossing Powder.
Often the creative process is not straightforward. Not all techniques work and sometimes with nothing to lose you you create something you are happy with in the end. Don’t give up too early!
Thanks for stopping by!