Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects where “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Let’s take a look at my project and how it was created.
Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper (DSP) is the backdrop for the project which is glued to a standard A2 Thick Whisper White card base. Using the Stitched Rectangle Dies cut a piece of Whisper White card stock and mount to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then using the Wreath Builder Dies cut three wreaths in Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider, and Gilded Autumn DSP and glue them to the rectangle offsetting them slightly. Add the glue to the thin continuous “branch” the leaves branch off of, then fluff up the leaves for dimension.
Now it is time to focus on creating the sentiment. The Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set has big sentiments perfect to create a focal point for your card or project. The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum using Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then die cut with one of the Stitched Rectangle dies. I LOVE these dies.
The sentiment was adhered to the wreath using Mini Glue Dots. Roll them and hide under the embossed sentiment.
Then a piece of gold metallic trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack was tied in a bow. A retired copper acorn embellishment was tied to the bow and then added to the wreath with a mini glue dot. A few Gold Glitter Enamel Dots were added to the wreath as a finishing touch.
A peek inside the card…
I love to carry design elements from the outside of the card to the inside. Here I simply die cut another wreath and cut it to drape layers across the top. It really adds a festive feel to the card.
The Gilded Autumn DSP mixes metallics and is so on trend. The copper and gold work beautifully together.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 14th when our theme is “Tag, You’re It!” Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Christine Eck at Dances With Hooves Paper Design
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery