Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I created two cards that could be valentine’s or simply a note tucked into the briefcase or lunch box of someone you love.
The first card was created using Crumb Cake, Powder Pink and Whisper White. The base of the card was stamped with the small cluster of hearts from the NEW Heart Happiness stamp set with Versamark Ink. Then I layered vellum, Powder Pink card stock cut with the Layering Squares Framelits, and another heart from the Heart Happiness stamp set. I do not have the Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies to crop the heart yet my Paper Snips made the task a cinch. The sentiment is from Blooming’ Love and was stamped and heat embossed with White Stampin’ Embossing Powder. A few Rhinestone Basic Jewels add the finishing touch. I think this turned out very sweet.
The second card followed the same formula. The small cluster of hearts was stamped with Crumb Cake ink on the Crumb Cake card stock. You can see the hearts are more pronounced. The Real Red scallop circle is from the Layering Circles Framelits. The heart was stamped in Real Red ink and is also in the Heart Happiness stamp set. This heart coordinates with the Sweet and Sassy Framelits and was cut with a die. It was adorned with small pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels. The sentiment is also from Blooming’ Love. A small bow was added using 1/8″ Whisper White Sheer Ribbon.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple